Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2013 16:48:42 -0700
From:      Rohit Athavale <rathaval@uci.edu>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   ACPI MADT BSP Details

Hi Folks,

I have two questions about discovering the processors from the MADT table.

Firstly,
Can we find out which processor is the BSP from the MADT tables?
When comparing the userland mptable binary's output versus acpidump's
output I noticed that mptable informs us about which processor is the BSP
and which are AP's .
However I did not see this in the MADT tables.
Is there a way to find out which processor is the BSP by means of any of
the ACPI tables.

Secondly,
Can we write into /dev/mem to say update the contents of MPTable with
values that are non -default. I plan to read some values from the ACPI
tables and update the MP tables.
Is the /dev/mem/ file composed of physical addresses for user space memory
? I know this may not qualify as the correct place to ask,but I guess acpi
list might have an answer to this.
Thanks
Best Regards,
 Rohit