Date:      26 May 2002 18:55:12 +0100
From:      "S. Roberts" <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ppc0: cannot reserve I/O port range

--=-W8VUB3LAP/oAq+fbR9pR

--=-7rPAqeM8QsAINO65WW0Y

Sorry to appear as double-post, but I wanted to supply some more info on
the MoBo set-up in an attempt to assist anyone that might take the time
to respond to my cry for help!

I check the bios settings for the parallel port here and got the
following info:-

Onboard Parallel Port		: 3BC/IRQ7
ECP Mode use DMA		: ECP+EPP
EPP Mode Select			: EPP1.7

I double checked as well that the PnPOS settings are disabled, so I know
its not got anything to do with that. I've not had any replies to my
original post, but I'm hoping that this might jog someone's memory!

Hope to hear from list-members soon.

Stacey
--=20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer

--=-7rPAqeM8QsAINO65WW0Y