Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:58:59 -0800
From:      Marcus Reid <marcus@blazingdot.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bug reporting integrated into the ports tree

Hi:

A letter from Seth LaForge <sethml@ofb.net> seen at
http://lwn.net/2001/1115/letters.php3 got me thinking.. Wouldn't
a little bug-reporting facility integrated into the ports tree
be extremely useful?

It seems to me that he makes a couple of excellent points. The
reporting of little bugs is often too much of a pain for most
end-users of software to vigilantly report the bugs that affect
them. I think it might be of benefit to a lot of projects if
users could simply cd /usr/ports/some/crapplication && make bugreport.

--
Marcus Reid
Blazingdot

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759