Date:      Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:03:22 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        rehsack@liwing.de
Cc:        l.ertl@univie.ac.at
Subject:   Re: HTT on single CPU?

In message: <3F0C8F20.6040102@liwing.de>
            Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: > In message: <20030709150718.GC28375@Odin.AC.HMC.Edu>
: >             Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net> writes:
: > : P4's below ~3.1GHz do not actually provide logical CPU support.
: >
: > We have several 2.4GHz parts that appear to contradict this
: > statement.  However, we can't use HTT w/o a proper motherboard that
: > supports HTT CPUs.
:
: How can I found out whether a board supports HTT or not?
: I haven't seen it in none description I checked. Are some
: chipsets (865, 875) always ready or is the bios programmer
: the guy who must activate this feature?

Boot a SMP kernel.  If you get a panic, your board doesn't support
it. :-)  We've seen some mobos that just work, while others have
a really ****ed up MPTABLE which makes it hard/impossible for FreeBSD
to support things.

Warner