Date:      Wed, 07 Jun 2000 09:16:43 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        Michael Harnois <mdharnois@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: not making a splash

>I've tried to get a splash screen with two different 320x200x256
>bitmaps now, and all I get is a blank screen. Is there something else
>I'm missing?

Would you type 'boot -v' at the boot loader prompt and
send me /var/run/dmesg.boot?  I also like to see the output
from 'vidcontrol -i mode' and 'vidcontrol -i adapter'.

Are you sure the bitmap file is in BMP format and is not larger
than 320x200?  Is it possible for me to have a look at the file?

Kazu