Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 07:56:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Justin <asmo@bck.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD and Linux Compatibility

Hello all,

I realize that FreeBSD runs *most* Linux binrarys, but what does *most*
entail. Are these binrarys programmed in a certain way? Do they run
certain librarys? I'm just curious because I'm considering either
installing Slackware or FreeBSD on a dedicated server. This server will be
doing mail, possibly some web, but most importantly it will be running
some dedicated game servers. For instance: Quake3, Halflife(Counterstrike-
Mods), Neverwinter Nights, Just about anything that is released as Linux
compatible I would like to run at some point! My Question I guess is what
entails a linux program being able to run on FreeBSD. Granted these are
the Dedicated server sides of the program, these arnt graphical or client
interfaces. So I do not anticipate a problem..Just asking more experiance
people then myself.

THanks for reading and replying!
Justin