Date:      Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:39:43 -0700
From:      Janet Sullivan <ciscogeek@bgp4.net>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quality of FreeBSD

I've been a BSD user since the mid-90s, and a FreeBSD user since the
days 4.0 became STABLE.

Right now, I have 2 collocated servers, one home server, and a laptop
all running 5.4 without any serious problems.  I've watched 5.x since
its creation, and while there have been some rocky times, I do think
things are getting better.  I refused to run 5.x on my servers until
5.4, but I have not yet regretted the move.  I know that other people
have had issues, but so far <knock on wood> 5.4 has been a solid release
for me.

I do think some mistakes were made with the release engineering over
5.x's lifetime, but folks, what's done is done.  Recently things do seem
to be headed in a better direction, for which I'm thankful.

I know the developers don't hear it often enough, but thanks for all you
do.  I'm not a programmer, and I currently don't have the funds to
donate to the project, but you do have my heartfelt thanks for still
turning out my favorite OS.