Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 1995 16:59:52 -0400
From:      nit@llc.org (Martin Durand)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   IDE CDROMs

Hi gang,
        do you have any time/release frame for an IDE-based CD-ROM driver ?
>From what I read, it will not make the 2.0.5R but what about 2.1 ?

I'm still not fluent in Un*x programming and Mac is more my game
programming-wise but, as network everything (tm) for the college I work
for, I do have access to varied systems (ISA, EISA, MCA, PCI), (486DX, DX2,
SLC), (IDE, SCSI, ESDI [honest!]). Honk if you need anything tested, beaten
or otherwise tortured ; between myself and CS students, if it survives, it
probably warrants getting out of the beta stage.

The CS students are already using FreeBSD 2.0 to learn Un*x administration
and found that, contrary to Linux, FreeBSD works well on 486SLC processors
(boy did I screw up when I bought those :-(

 Martin Durand             | I know I should be working on my .sig file,
 nit@llc.org               | but who reads these things...