Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2006 13:15:48 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Sven Willenberger <sven@dmv.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic in nfsd on 6.2-RC1

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 10:01:19AM -0500, Sven Willenberger wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 12:38 +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
> > Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com> wrote
> >   in <20061204160949.GM35681@deviant.kiev.zoral.com.ua>:
> >=20
> > ko> What version of sys/nfsserver/nfs_serv.c do you use ? If it is olde=
r than
> > ko> 1.156.2.7, please, update the system.
> >=20
> >  Thanks, I updated it just now and see how it works.
> >=20
> > --
> > | Hiroki SATO
>=20
> I was/am having the same issue. Updating world (6.2-stable) to include
> the above update sadly did not fix the problem for me. This is an amd64
> box with only one client connecting to it via nfs. Reading further it
> may seem to be an issue with rpc.statd and/or rpc.lockd. As I only have
> one client connecting and it is being used as mail storage (i.e. the
> client pops/imaps the storage) would be safe to not using fcntl forwards
> over the wire? Is this same issue present in 6.1-RELENG? I am really at
> my wits end at this point and for the first time am actually considering
> moving to another OS (solaris more than likely) as I cannot have these
> types of issues interrupting services every couple days.
>=20
> What other information (spefically) can I provide to help the devs
> figure out what is going on? What can I do in the meantime to have some
> semblence of stability? I assume downgrading to 5.5-RELENG is out of the
> question but perhaps disabling SMP?

Just to confirm, can you please post the panic backtrace you are
seeing?  And can you explain what you mean by "may seem to be an issue
with rpc.statd and/or rpc.lockd"?

Sometimes people think they're seeing the same problem as someone else
when really it's a completely different problem in the same subsystem,
so I'd like to rule that out here.

Kris

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ--