Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 1996 20:08:37 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patch to talkd

On Sun, 24 Mar 1996, Gary Palmer wrote:
> Or do something like I've done for ages. From my .cshrc:
> alias startx "mesg n ; \startx ; mesg y"

My .cshrc is smart enough to know where and when to turn on mesg.
It turns it off on sessions that run on the front end boxes (keeps
lusers from being a bother) and turns it on on sessions that are on
other boxes that aren't molested by end users. :)

> Problem solved :)

Yep, I think this patch is pretty slick.  Someone I talked to said
they had written an ntalkd that read a .talkdrc in the homedir of the
recipient.  This would allow all sorts of nifty things.

| Matthew N. Dodd   | winter@jurai.net    | http://www.jurai.net/~winter    |
| Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net        |
| InterSurf Online  | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|