Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 2003 17:22:14 +0200 (WET)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <eyurtese@turkuamk.fi>
To:        fkittred@gwi.net
Cc:        "Wright, Michaelx L" <michaelx.l.wright@intel.com>, Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>, dmagda@ee.ryerson.ca, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, wpaul@ctr.columbia.edu
Subject:   Re: wi0 and mtu setting [bad idea]

I think something is called broken when it doesnt work as you expect it to
work or it doesnt comply with standards.
Also I think something is called an 'extra feature' if it is not in the
standard which defines it but you have access to it.

Can you please show me the 802.11b document where it says the MTU shouldnt
be more than 1500bytes? Maybe it doesnt say that the MTU can be more than
1500 bytes but I think the standards also doesnt say if it must be smaller
than 1500 bytes.

Also by lettin user to be able to set MTU higher than 1500 you do not
break the wi driver. You give an extra feature to it. It is the user who
breaks the standards(if it says in 802.11b standards that the MTU cant be
bigger than 1500) if he/she sets MTU higher than 1500

Evren