Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:57:51 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        Erik Sabowski <airyk@sdf.lonestar.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Makefile in /usr/ports

OUCH! I made the mistake of running "make" while in ports/audio the other
day when I thought I had cd to /ports/audio/mplayer... and it started
"making" every port file in the audio directory until I caught on and
stopped it.... /ports/audio has a "make" file too....

So, I imagine you would have the same experience.... except bigger.

At 04:30 PM 10.30.2001 +0000, Erik Sabowski wrote:
>I installed the ports collection on my system but exapnding the ports.tgz
>file on the cdrom into /usr. I noticed that there was a makefile in
>/usr/ports, and it looked like it was to update the ports. Is that what it
>does? (i just ran 'make' with no options)
>
>--
>airyk@sdf.lonestar.org
>SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.lonestar.org

Best regards,