Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 1995 10:33:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        pete@kesa26.Kesa.COM (Pete Delaney)
Cc:        pete@kesa26.Kesa.COM, jbryant@argus.iadfw.net, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, pete@rahul.net
Subject:   Re: 4GB Drives

> So Rodney, which 4 GB Drive would you buy?

None, I use stacks of 535MB drives for what ever capacity I need (easy
to do when you buy them in the 10 paks and use NCR controllers and have
unlimited space for them (I don't use cases, it's all on table tops :-)).

So, 4GB would be 8 drives, and 2 or 4 controllers.  Let me see,
8 * 195 + 2 * 72 == 1704 for a subsystem that can produce over
32MB/s of read data :-).

Oh, and my distributor just called me, I have new pricing on Micropolis
3243 and 3243W drives, $1200 and $1287.

I also now have avaliable to me 60 units of Quantum Capella 2.2 G Wide
drives at $830 each.

Price on non wide Capella is still sitting at $800.00.