Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 2010 14:17:17 +0100
From:      Jan Muenther <jan.muenther@nruns.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh binary modified

Hello,

yeah, that box has been taken over. Now, before you nuke it and
reinstall from some trusted media, I'd try and give finding out what
exactly happened a shot. My point is that if they got in through e.g. a
flaw in a custom web app, just newly setting up the machine and
resetting the passwords is not going to make it all go away.

You don't have to be a forensics expert to at least have a long good
look at the log files.

Cheers,
Jan