Date:      Sat, 12 Jul 1997 14:33:12 -0500
From:      "Sreenivasa Donepudi" <sdonepu@megsinet.net>
To:        <freebsd-install@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mouse problem in Kernel & XF86 configuration

I have installed FreeBSD 2.2.1 on my Pentium recently. I was able to
install it fairly quick. But I had one problem which I didn't notice and
later showedup when I was configuring XFree86.

The problem seemd to be with the mouse. My WIN95 configuartion tells me
that my mouse is Microsoft PS/2 Bus Mouse!!! I used Microsoft compatible
mouse at IRQ 5 and Port 0x23c in my kernel configuration (default), but the
probe indicates an error in finding the mouse posrt at that add. I tried
using PS/2 mouse but I have conflict with the default port address of 0x60.
I don't know which port address to use for that.

Can someone suggest me where this problem could be, and what is the fix for
that. I would appreciate your reponses.

Thanks,
Sreeni.
sdonepu@megsinet.net