Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 08:08:37 +1000
From:      Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
To:        "Joss Scholten" <et@compnerd.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP!

Get a second computer from second hand computer stores and install FreeBSD on
that box. Called it (playpen).

From memory to solve your problem.

Well firstly you did to have what is known as the magical "bootdisk" . Then run
fdisk. then choose 4 to see you have a fat /BSD partion

Choose 3
Choose 4 to delete non dos partitions

Press Esc.

After it boots up the second time type in fdisk/mbr this will reinstall your
masterboot record .