Date:      Sat, 17 May 1997 09:34:43 +0000
From:      Wouter de Boer <wouter.de.boer@pobox.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SCSI host adapters

Hello,

I looking to some options of "/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT". And I see
the SCSI host adapter some undefined drivers. The drivers:

nca1, nca2, nca3, nca4.

When to use these drivers, an d when to use the defined driver nca0.
What is the difference between thses drivers ??

And comparing LINY and GENERIC in the same directory, I see a difference
between driver nca1 and nca4.

In GENERIC:

nca1:

controller nca1 at isa? port 0x350 bio irq 5 vector ncaintr

In LINT:

nca1:

controller nca1 at isa? port 0x1f84

nca4:

controller nca4 at isa? port 0x350 bio irq 5 vector ncaintr

Which one is the correct one??

Can anybody tell me the truth about these SCSI adapter cards ??

Thanks,

	Wouter