Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 1997 20:10:55 +0100 (MET)
From:      Rob Simons <rob@xs1.simplex.nl>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        rob@xs1.simplex.nl
Subject:   Exchange Server getting email

Hi,

Some of my customers want to receive email with their MS Exchange server.
They're running the IMC (Internet Mail connector) to receive and send
mail.  Sending mail is no problem, the machine will just make a connection
when needed (though they wonder if it's possible to queue the mail till
a certain time).  Receiving mail is another matter. There's no built-in
support for contacting a provider and getting email.
I've heard that the easiest way is to schedule a mail messages to be
sent on fixed times to a special account on the provider's box, and that
should trigger the sending of queued mail for that domain.

I've got FreeBSD boxes running 2.1.x, and was wondering what to do to set
up such a mail-account as a generic solution for MS Exchange customers.
If there's a better way to fix this, please let me know as well.

Regards,

- Rob.

/*   Rob Simons                      |  rob@simplex.nl          *\
/*   Novell Netware System Operator  |  UNIX system operator    *\