Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 20:14:50 -0500
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@wallnet.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   top strangeness

I know this has been discussed before, perhaps not recently, though.

After a cvsup this afternoon and a make buildworld, make buildkernel
KERNCONF=REMUS, a make installkernel KERNCONF=REMUS, reboot (boot -s), make
installworld, mergemaster and reboot:  top gives me:

CPU states:  0.0% user,  0.0% nice,  0.0% system,  0.0% interrupt,  0.0% idle
Mem: 56M Active, 54M Inact, 25M Wired, 148K Cache, 35M Buf, 112M Free
Swap: 512M Total, 512M Free

I'm pretty sure that my kernel and userland should in sync, unless some files
were changed while I was cvsupping.

Anyone else see this, today?

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT