Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2000 15:31:28 +0200
From:      Marc Silver <marcs@draenor.org>
To:        fuzz zzuf <fuzz_zzuf@excite.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: telnet doze to bsd w/ ethernet cards

This should be a problem.  First, make sure networking is functional on
both machines.  Then, make sure you have the following line in
/etc/inetd.conf

telnet	stream	tcp	nowait	root	/usr/libexec/telnetd	telnetd

Then, run:  "/usr/sbin/inetd -wW" and you should be able to telnet into
your BSD box.

Cheers,
Marc

On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 06:23:35AM -0700, fuzz zzuf wrote:
> i was recently trying to connect windows and freebsd together with a couple
> of ethernet cards.  i want to be able to telnet into the bsd box from doze.
> i tried everything i could think of.  i for info everywhere i could think of
> (handbook,faq,freebsddiary.org,search engines,etc) i asked everybody i could
> think of(#s on irc).  now, hours later, my head hurts and i ask you.  any
> and all information about how to set up these two puters so that i can
> telnet into my fbsd box from doze would make my day.  even a purty url that
> tells me how to do it would be wonderful.
>
> thanks in advance,
> fuzz_zzuf@excite.com

We can embrace love; it's not too late.
Why do we sleep, instead, with hate?
Belief requires no suspension
to see that Hell is our invention.
We make Hell real; we stoke it's fires.
And in its flames our hope expires.
Heaven, too, is merely our creation.
We can grant ourselves our own salvation.
All that's required is imagination.
	-- The Book of Counted Sorrows