Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2000 09:29:20 +0100 (CET)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@piro.net>
To:        David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
Cc:        ISDN-List <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: why does this take that long?

Hello David,

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, David Wetzel wrote:

> This is an dailin from my box to my isp.
>
> Why is this *much* slower than with t-offline until the connection is established?
>
> [...isdnd debug output...]

This looks amazingly like the LCP Loop Bug, but you seem to have it in the
IPCP phase.  This isn't surprising, because the same mechanism is used in
both phases, but it might indeed be something else.

The LCP Loop bug also depends on the provider.  It may even depend on the
Cisco IOS version of the terminal server, but that theory hasn't yet been
tested thoroughly.

The LCP bug is being worked on, and if you are interested in testing the
bug fixes when we have them, just let me know.  The LCP bugfix, when it
comes, may or may not solve your problem.

-Paul.

PIRONET AG
Paul Herman - Consultant - SBU Providing
Im Mediapark 5 - 50670 Cologne - Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)221 454 3832 - Fax: +49 (0)221 454 3810
mailto:pherman@piro.net - http://www.piro.net/