Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:22:40 -0400
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "Jason Godfrey" <godfrey@sol.aptsolutions.com>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problem with nfs installworld

> Hello.
>
> I am trying (for the first time) to do a installworld over nfs. I did an
update
> last night, buildworld, installworld, reboot, buildworld on my build
machine.
> The target machine is a fresh FreeBSD 4.6 install off of CD.
>
> During the "Installing Everything" phase I get the following error.
>
> install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444 libcom_err.a /usr/lib
> install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444 lib_com_err_p.a /usr/lib
> install: libcom_err_p.a: No such file or directory.
> *** Error code 71
> Stop in /usr/src/lib/libcom_err.
>
> Any suggestions?

When you do a 'make installworld' on the client machine, you have to pass it
all the same options that you used when you did the 'make buildworld'.  Make
sure your /etc/make.conf files are in sync between the client and server
too.

What it looks like is happening here is that you built on the server
with -DNOPROFILE, but haven't specified that when you're installing, so it's
trying to install the profiled libraries that weren't built.

--
Matt Emmerton