Date:      Fri, 08 Jan 1999 21:32:06 +0000
From:      Scot Elliott <ops@london.virgin.net>
To:        Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: horrible hack / SRM console

Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Jan 1999 11:43:12 -0800 (PST)
>  Murray Stokely <murray@cdrom.com> wrote:
>
>  >   A DEC employee told me otherwise but after searching the net it
>  > appears your right.  I don't suppose you know a way to get SRM onto
>
> The trick is a 164sx SRM exists.

Yeah... found that.  Copied the image onto a disk and did the
AlphaBIOS's upgrade-firmware thang.  But it doesn't do anything.  Can
one of you lucky people who's put SRM onto their 164SX let me know what
you did? ;)  It's a 533Mhz system.  Will it support the Matrox card I
have or do I have to do it via a serial console?

Thanks.

Scot.