Date:      Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:39:27 +1100
From:      Alex <other@ahhyes.net>
To:        <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: linux app wont start...

 Here is the script:

 --------------------------------
 [game@srv ~/bf2]$ cat start.sh
 #!/bin/sh

 MACH=""
 # 64-bit FreeBSD is "amd64"; emulates 32-bit Linux.
 case `uname -m` in
 	i[3456]86 | amd64) MACH="ia-32"
 	;;
 	x86_64) MACH="amd-64"
 	;;
 esac

 if ! [ -d pb ]
 then
 	ln -s pb_$MACH pb
 fi

 BINARY_DIR="$(pwd)/bin"
 if [ -d "$BINARY_DIR/$MACH" ]
 then
 	BINARY_DIR="$BINARY_DIR/$MACH"
 fi

 # Make the OS give us .core-dumps if the server crashes
 ulimit -c unlimited

 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$BINARY_DIR
 exec $BINARY_DIR/bf2 "$@"

 Looks like the freebsd one. So you're suggesting the linux one in
 /compat/bin ?