Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 02:10:00 -0700
From:      "BluzMan" <bluzman@w-link.net>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NIC Bonding

I have been scouring the FBSD docs and related web pages trying to find out
if FBSD 4.1 supports any form of NIC bonding, whereby one can take multiple
network cards and assign them a single IP for increased bandwidth. I am
working on a project where I would like to take two fast ethernet NICs and
tie them to a Cisco switch for a 200 mbps connection. I have gotten the
ifconfig vlan switch to properly connect a single NIC to a single switched
port, but the ifconfig vlan switch appears to be limited to supporting a
sole network card.

I would greatly appreciate any input or experience on this matter.

Respectfully,

Drew B.