Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:21:20 -0400
From:      "Jim Stapleton" <stapleton.41@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mouse diagnostics tools?

I just got a microsoft wireless optical desktop 3000 (Microsoft
Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0), and am running in FreeBSD 6.2/Xorg 7.2

I have tried the mouse on a Windows machine and it works fine. The
keyboard works well on Windows and FreeBSD. The mouse, however,
doesn't seem to be recognized. I do not see a mouse cursor on a
console, and the mouse in X doesn't react to motion, scrolling, left
or right clicking.

Anyone
(A)  know how to get one of these working in FreeBSD?
and/or
(B) know a tool to help diagnose this issue?

Web searches show that the mouse can work in LInux, but you need to
work with xmodmap to get the left click functional. There are no hits
for FreeBSD.

I've tested with an old mouse (wired) and it works fine, however in
this situation, a wired mouse  is not a solution.

Thank you,
-Jim Stapleton