Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 1997 21:30:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
To:        Ray Cummins <rcummins@burlco.lib.nj.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape Communicator 4.0b2

On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Ray Cummins wrote:

> ...is now available at
>
> ftp.netscape.com/pub/communicator/4.0/4.0b2/unix/other/
> netscape-v40b2-export.x86-unknown-bsd.tar.gz
>
> and
>
> ftp.netscape.com/pub/communicator/4.0/4.0b2/unix/other/
> netscape-v40b2-export.x86-unknown-bsd2.tar.gz
>
> (I take it this one is for BSDi 2.0)
>
> ...just thought you'd like to know.

Thanks.  Now, anyone know how to make this monster do Java?  It complains

Warning: Type conversion failed

and closes netscape (cleanly, w/no core dump).

I tried renaming the old java_301 to java_40, but then I got a complaint
about the wrong version numbers.  I edited the version numbers (directly,
without uncompressing, was that stupid?) and tried again, but this time
it just wouldn't do java stuff, though it didn't complain or anything.

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."