Date:      Sat, 9 Feb 2002 10:02:51 -0500
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   is this character encoding or corrupted text?

Hello,

I'm looking at this commit:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=292893+0+archive/2001/cvs-
all/20010429.cvs-all

In the log, the name "Matthias Kvppe" appears.  Is that the correct name?

If you look at the underlying HTML, or fetch the HTML and view it using
vi, you will see "Matthias K^[,Av^[(Bppe".  I'm wondering if there are
special characters in there which were not well handled by the cvs-all
process.

My next question is how to properly handle these characters.

Thanks.
--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples