Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:43:03 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Nick Hibma <n_hibma@calcaphon.com>
To:        Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
Subject:   Re: [usb-bsd] USB to Serial Port , anyone working on it?

> > His code is very generic, so I've got good hopes that the code will work
> > for many different devices (read: Entrega 25 pin, 9 pin, Keyspan
> > adapter and more).
>
> Any pointer to this driver ? I have a USB to 8 port serial from Digi
> and would love to try if the driver works with it.

Ah, it won't. Those devices are different from the 16550 ones I've
mentioned above.

The pointer to the source I can't give, because it has escaped me
whether I sorted out the licensing issue with Doug Ambrisko. I'd rather
would like to sort that out first.

I've spoken to the guys from Digi. We got as far as NDA's but then they
stopped dead in their tracks. Their lawyers never got back to me. Maybe
I should have another attempt at convincing them.

Nick
--
n_hibma@webweaving.org
n_hibma@freebsd.org                                          USB project