Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:40:20 +0000
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to set LD_PATH elegant?

I'm a little bit new to setting library paths, so sorry for the noise.

I install some packages and libraries apart the FreeBSD package/ports
system and need
to setup the search path for shared libraries the proper way.

At this very moment I 'hardcode' this additional search path by setting

ldconfig_paths=

in /etc/rc.conf,

but since this is a 'system related' location I'm looking for a proper
and clean method setting this search path
via environment variable and/or some /usr/local/etc/rc.conf.add stuff or
similar.

I appreciate any hint.

Regards,

Oliver Hartmann