Date:      12 Nov 2001 21:59:22 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@ehsrealtime.com>
To:        Wayne Lubin <wayneclubin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fax/Modem Card Not Detected

Wayne Lubin <wayneclubin@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a pci 56k V.90 Compusa $19.95 Fax/Modem
> special which is not being detected at boot, surprise!
> :). I looked in handbook to find what Fax/Modems are
> supported and what devices to compile into the kernel
> for each, but was not able to find much on the
> subject. Does freebsd support any fax/modems and if so
> which ones and what devices are required for each, or,
> where can I find this information. Thank you.

Quite a few modems out there are winmodems and aren't supported by
FreeBSD. I think that there is some support for Linux, but it is very
limited.

Generally, if it uses a HSP driver in Windows, then it won't work in
anything else :(

--
Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@ehsrealtime.com>

Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world. - Yeats