Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 15:07:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        "David E. Cross" <dec@phoenix.its.rpi.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Motif 2.0.1

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, David E. Cross wrote:

> I have access to the sources to Motif 2.0.1 (under my university's site
> license)... However I have yet to successfully compile motif 2.0.1 on
> 2.1.6-RELEASE (or any version)... Is there anyone out there who has gotten
> it working, and could give me a few pointers?

No, but issues such as these are addressed
http://www.primate.wisc.edu/software/imake-stuff/.  I had read
somewhere that one of the "fixes" in 2.0.1 was to make it work
with X11R6.  It could be an urban legend though.

Are you encountering makefile problems or actual code compiling
problems?  In the 2.0 release, quite a bit of Imakefile tweaking
was necessary before it would work.  The only code bogons were in
the demos.  Indiana University didn't renew the source license so
we get no 2.0.1 update.  :(

-john