Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 1998 08:05:25 -0600
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Scot Elliott <scot@online.barbour-index.co.uk>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, mike@smith.net.au
Subject:   Re: ATTENTION: Call for opinion re: root device naming change

At 7:30 AM -0600 3/17/98, Scot Elliott wrote:
>So I had to give up and revert to 2.2.5-STABLE..  The machine's miles
>away so it's kind of hard to test these things.  Anyone got any ideas?

Keep "hammering" on Mike Smith. His changes caused the problem.
I fear that he will view the early "it's great" comments as approval.
However, the sample is EXTREMELY BIASED toward individuals who closely
track things. If this change gets into the distribution, I expect there
to be a significant number of users who get "bitten" by the same situation.
And they don't even know that this discussion is taking place.

Richard Wackerbarth