Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 22:20:31 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        John Hay <jhay@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za>
Cc:        rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth), stable@freebsd.org

In message <199703180422.GAA28685@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za> John Hay writes:
: I haven't even seen a "commercial" user comming forward and say that
: 2.1.x is important for them and they want to help keep it up to date.

Time for another public offer:  If people send me patches, I'll
integrate them.  So far I've received two that were integrated (and
one of those was against -current, but with the request to try to
backport it to 2.1.x please).  If people want to pay me to give the
level of support that Richard wants to the 2.1.x branch, then contact
me privately and I'll give you a good rate.[*]

My appologies for such a blantly commercial message, but at this point
in the curve it is put up or shut up.  Send me patches, or make it
worth my while to go looking for good patches.  Otherwise, be grateful
and satisified with what people are volunteering to do out of the
goodness of their hearts.

Warner

[*] I'm sure there are other FreeBSD contributors with consulting
    businesses that might also be available, should an offer be made.