Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 2015 21:56:31 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <markmi@dsl-only.net>
To:        rodrigc@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org
Subject:   CROSS_TOOLCHAIN=amd64-gcc fails to build after clang 3.6.0 import

I'd sent out a note Saturday for this for powerpc64-xtoolchain-gcc and =
its powerpc64-gcc port: use of CROSS_TOOLCHAIN=3Dpowerpc64-gcc used on a =
powerpc64. No solution, just notes about what was going on after looking =
at the source code related to the messages. If you care, see:

> CROSS_TOOLCHAIN=3Dpowerpc64-gcc mishandles "Substitution Failure Is =
Not An Error" when compiling clang and stops the build

( =
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-toolchain/2015-March/001506.ht=
ml )

> =
sizeof(__is_convertible_imp::__test<_T2>(__is_convertible_imp::__source<_T=
1>()))
>      =3D=3D 1

is the core place involved in your example and mine but the order of =
compilation for my context means a different starting place that ended =
up using the above.

lang/gcc5 did the same when I later tried it.

I doubt that host-type or TARGET or TARGET_ARCH matter. I doubt =
xtoolchain vs. normal port matters. I expect that the issue spans a =
range of g++ versions.

Unfortunately that probably also means that the effectively =
"Substitution Failure of this kind Is An Error" rule now in use will =
probably be around for a while: it is likely not some local accident =
that has a quick fix. The best case is if it is simple but each =
version/variant needs to release with the change.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net