Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:51:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Frederick Thomas <nikita_the_jew@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd 5.1 and devfs

shalom,
      I read the manpage on devfs and can't make heads or tails of it. I've a cs4236
onboard pnp sound card that took 2 months to finally get running and I'm gonna wait that
long this time. My box is a dell optiplex gx1 and using old school rules catted dmesg.boot and found pcm0<my card> but when I tried to run sh MAKEDEV snd0
I find that makedev is now deprecated. please assist in my using devfs to make device
nodes please reply to address above. Thanks

                                                                                                                nikita