Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 1997 11:30:01 -0600
From:      Allan Alford <aa@jump.net>
To:        Bryan Bunch <bryanb@walls-media.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compaq Deskpro Intergrated Net Card

Bryan Bunch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to this list so forgive me if it has already been discussed.
>
> Has anyone been able to get  the integrated Network card that comes
> installed in the Deskpro models to work under FreeBSD??
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Bryan
> bryanb@walls-media.com

The integrated NICs that Compaq uses have traditionally been known
standard NICs that are simply built into the motherboard.  I haven't
kept up with them lately, but they use to rely heavily on Thomas
Conrad for their desktop systems.  Get in touch with Compaq, and I'll
bet you'll find that it's actually a fairly standard NIC in there -
maybe even NE2000-compatible.

- Allan