Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 2010 14:26:29 -0600
From:      Programmer In Training <pit@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sysinstall Post-install System Management

--------------enigAEF5A5F5621DC4294DAF6C8C

On 02/19/10 13:50, Polytropon wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:42:09 -0600, Programmer In Training <pit@joseph-=
a-nagy-jr.us> wrote:
>> It's really past the point where I can just wipe the system and
>> reinstall, making sure to opt for linux emulation from the get go.
>=20
> It is not needed to reinstall the whole OS just because you
> accidentally forgot to install an additional package. We're
> not in MICROS~1 land here. :-)

I know, but it seems almost easier to do it then instead of later.

>> So
>> I'm attempting to use sysinstall to install it on my present system.
>> Every time I run it, though, I get the following error message during
>> the download:
>=20
> Your message is:
>=20
> 	Add of package linux_base-fc6-6_6 aborted,
> 	error code 1
>=20
> That's why it would be helpful to know which version of
> FreeBSD you're installing. In case you want "Flash" and
> "Skype", going with fc10 is highly recommended.

FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE

[root@heaven]portsnap update
Ports tree is already up to date.

Should I just fetch and extract anyway?

>> This is run from an xterm session. (uxterm -sb -rv)
>=20
> That should not be the problem.

Just trying to be as helpful as possible. Figured someone would know
where the "debug window" is.

>> Any clues or alternate ways of getting this done?
>=20
> You could try to
>=20
> 	a) install linux_base-fc10 via pkg_add

[root@heaven]pkg_add linux_base-fc10
pkg_add: can't stat package file 'linux_base-fc10'

> or
>=20
> 	b) install it through the port;
> 	   in this case you should update system and
> 	   ports tree before compiling.

[root@heaven]cd /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-fc10
/usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-fc10: No such file or directory.

Figured out from the below linked page it's linux_base-f10, no problems.
I'm good on my way. Thanks!

> And don't miss the documentation about getting "Flash"
> stuff running:
>=20
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/desktop-browsers.html
>=20
> It is 6.2.3/4.

Is that the most recent flash version available for linux via Adobe?

=46rom another email:
> On 02/19/10 13:58, Erik Norgaard wrote:
>> On 19/02/10 20:42, Programmer In Training wrote:
>>=20
>>> Any clues or alternate ways of getting this done?
>>=20
>> IIRC you first need to load the linux and linprocfs kernel modules and=

>> mount linproc.
>>=20
>> BR, Erik
>>=20