Date:      Sun, 26 May 1996 12:17:52 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@tetard.hsc.fr>
To:        winter@jurai.net (Matthew N. Dodd)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org (hackers)
Subject:   Re: Adduser program in C

Matthew N. Dodd écrit / writes:

> Say, lets try out Python next!  I hear thats the greatest thing since
> sliced bread!  (Actually, the other sysadmin here suggested TK and Python
> for an adduser program that he wanted to write.  We'll see. *grin*)

	Is this noise on the line or what ? :-) I said *Perl* + Tk:
	trash Python.  Okay, the tools I'm thinking about are definitely
	not going to be standard, as they need perl 5.002 and the Tk
	extensions.  This is 8 Mb+ libs and binaries on the disk.

	As to what Jordan said, I can only agree with him: the issue here
	is to have a simple, customizable program to add users.  If it offers
	front-end as well as command line manipulation so much for the better.
	Perl only got suggested because it's what the original is written in.

	Also, Ollivier Robert already suggested bringing in his replacement.
	I'd be more than happy to document it, we'd just need somebody
	to review it.

								-- Phil

--
| Philippe Regnauld |_______Herve Schauer Consultants_______| regnauld@hsc.fr |