Date:      Fri, 02 Aug 1996 11:08:57 +0200
From:      Gunter Loos <Gul@ngonet.be>
To:        John Hart <dashadow@tchnet.tchnet.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Software and Dial-Up Networking

At 13:22 1/08/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a few questions for those of you out there.  We are currently
>selling Mosaic in a Box by Spry as our software, but are thinking of
>switching over to a new package, because Mosaic doesn't support nearly
>1/2 of the features of Netscape, or IE.  Just wondering what other people
>are using out there, and how much you are getting it for.  I am looking
>to stay around the $10 / copy area, so our prices can stay as they are.
>Does anyone know of any good software or sources for software?
I still use Netscape, Eudora and Trumpet Winsock as cheap separate packages.
But then again, I'm no commercial isp..

>Also, I have a lot of users logging in with Dial-up networking, and
>currently we have to have them bring up a terminal window after dialing
>so they can login manually and then hit F7 to continue.  Anyone know how
>to change it so they don't have to do that?  (I am not sure of the
>protocol that Windows uses to verify the user, PAP/CHAP?)  How would I go
>about doing this, w/o loosing access for our shell users?
Well, using mgetty's latest version does the trick; if you don't
want to loose this way of connecting, that is. It can differentiate between
a normal login (with login:), a fax  or even an attempt to use LCP (first thing
ppp does). As far as I know, Windows uses PAP.

Gul
  .    .__    . |Nationaal Centrum voor OntwikkelingsSamenwerking vzw, NgoNet
 _| _  [ __   | |Voice    Gunter.Loos@+32 2 5392620       Fax   +32 2 5391343
(_](/, [_./(_|| |mailto:gul@ngonet.be "You are all weirdos."  - Sam the Eagle
----MijnEigenWoordenNietVanIemandAnders - MyOwnExpressionsNotSomeoneElses----