Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 23:20:45 +0100
From:      Alfatrion <alfatrion@cybertron.tmfweb.nl>
To:        "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        Rick Winstead <winsteadr@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freebsd 4.4

Andrew C. Hornback wrote:

> [...]

If for some reason the above doesn't work, then you can always run the
machine in single user envorement. You can choiche for this during the
set up (look at the handbook on the web for this). There is no password
for this. Then you can type: 'passwd -l root' and set the password for
root again.

Alex