Date:      Wed, 4 Aug 1999 14:05:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>
To:        Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>
Cc:        Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>, Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>, Jim Mock <jim@blues.ghis.net>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advocacy site

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Bill Swingle wrote:

> I most definatly want to see the advocacy site live. Albeit, in
> different circumstances. While the site was well thought out and
> designed to scale well, it did not fit into the cureent scheme that the
> rest of the freebsd.org web stuff does. This is a huge detriment as ppl
> that would normally be able to fix a typo on the main website were
> powerless (or at least hindered) in wanting to fix items on the advocacy
> site.

Might I add that the site would get another 160+ potential authors/editors
by bringing it into the tree.

At least it was brought into GNATS as a category, trouble is, the committers
who had the power to do something with the PR couldn't do anything
with the content.

> If I can get enough ppl interested in activly maintaining the site, I
> propose that it be brought back up and integrated with the CVS tree so
> that it meshes better with the existing setup. I am willing to put
> together and admin a new box that could live here at WC if need be.

It could already be in the tree if -core wasn't such a wall. Jordan
is the only one who showed an interest or reply to my bringing this
up the first time.

--
- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
- ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -