Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:45:50 -0500
From:      Tom Parquette <tparquet@twcny.rr.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem building gnome2-fifth-toe

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 00:28, Tom Parquette wrote:
>

>>Actually, this is a 5.0-RELEASE machine that I upgraded to 5.0-CURRENT.
>>This has never been anything but a 5.x machine.
>>I'll check on the other things and get back to you.
>>

> That's strange.  I usually only see this with upgraded machines.  Other
> machines should have libgmp roped in via LIB_DEPENDS.  In any even, the
> port is actually math/libgmp-freebsd.  Do not install the libgmp4 port.
>
> Joe
>

>>Thanks again.

Joe,

1) I never touched /usr/include (outside of what some tool would do
without me knowing about it.
2) I checked /usr/lib/libg* and there is nothing like libgmp.so.3 there.
3) I also looked at the math ports.  You answered my question before I
could ask it.  I installed libgmp-freebsd. from ports.  I restarted the
make for gnome2-fifth-toe and it has gotten further than before.

I'm calling it a night.  I'll check on the machine in the morning and
let you know how I make out.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers...