Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2007 05:08:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      "R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        Jason Arnaute <non_secure@yahoo.com>, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for a graceful way to disable BG fsck ?

--- Jason Arnaute <non_secure@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there any nice, elegant way to tell my system:
>
> "If everything is clean, then mount it all up and go.
> But if a non-root filesystem is not clean, just skip
> it altogether and boot up into multiuser mode and I
> will log in and fsck it manually.  But under no
> circumstances will you BG fsck anything."
>
> Any way to do that ?

You could change
  /etc/rc.d/fsck
so that it will only fsck the root file system.

Then you proceed with reboot...

Then you look, if ur other file systems are mounted read-only and if yes, your
box knows, that something was wrong with them...?

WARNING: That idea needs testing...

Furthermore your applications might complain, when they find their files on a
read-only file system...

-Arne

Have a burning question?