Date:      Mon, 02 Nov 1998 08:24:29 -0500
From:      Drew Derbyshire <software@kew.com>
To:        dima@best.net
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSH vsprintf patch. (You've been warned Mr. Glass)

Dima Ruban wrote:

> Would you trust a packet that came from non-priviledged
> port and which wants to do something that even remotely should be secure?

I wouldn't trust it even if it did come from a privileged port simply on the
basis of the port number.   Trusted ports require trusted hosts, which the Net is
in short supply of these days.

-ahd-
--
Drew Derbyshire         UUPC/extended e-mail:  software@kew.com
                                   Telephone:  617-279-9812

 Build a system even a fool can use, and only a fool will want to use
 it.