Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:35:51 -800
From:      "Muhammad Najib"<najib@csi-x.net>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IP-Filter header files ...

I was wondering ... I did install ipfilter on my very FreeBSD 3.0 box ... I'm
trying to configure the box to do transparent proxying+firewalling ... so now
. I try to get squid+ipf to work together while I was compiling squid .. I
got this error

secure# ./configure --enable-ipf-transparent
checking for srand48... (cached) yes
checking for srandom... (cached) yes
checking for statvfs... (cached) no
checking for sysconf... (cached) yes
checking for syslog... (cached) yes
checking for tempnam... (cached) yes
checking for timegm... (cached) yes
checking for vsnprintf... (cached) yes
checking if setresuid is implemented... (cached) no
checking if IP-Filter header files are installed... no
WARNING: Cannot find necessary IP-Filter header files
         Transparent Proxy support WILL NOT be enabled
secure#

can anybody please explain ? Thanx in advance :)

regards,

MUHAMMAD NAJIB ABDUL MUKTHI               member of My-Linux.ORG
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR                      http://www.my-linux.org
Kolej Damansara Utama
32, Jalan Anson                           najib@mrsm.org
10400, Pulau Pinang.                      najib@csi-x.net