Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2000 09:15:39 -1000
From:      Clifton Royston <cliftonr@lava.net>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Jaime Bozza <jaime@ecofl.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Perl Base Modules

On Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 08:59:49PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Mar 2000 11:33:17 CST, "Jaime Bozza" wrote:
>
> > (Have you used CPAN to update/install modules before?)
>
> The last time I tried was when 3.0 was CURRENT, I think.  It didn't go
> too smoothly then.  I did manage to brute-force it into updating a
> module or two, but it wasn't something I made a note to recommend to
> FreeBSD new-comers. :-(

Well, as a FreeBSD newcomer, I used the CPAN module quite recently,
around the point I was bringing my 3.3 CD-ROM install up to 3.4 stable,
and found it reasonably friendly (albeit in the "choosy about its
friends" sense.) Naturally the first thing I had it update was itself,
but after that it was easy to grab quite a few modules I needed for a
Squid support script I was working on.  Give it another chance?

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
      The named which can be named is not the Eternal named.