Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:06:36 +0900 (JST)
From:      SUMIKAWA Munechika <sumikawa@ebina.hitachi.co.jp>
To:        nsayer@quack.kfu.com
Cc:        developers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, sumikawa@ebina.hitachi.co.jp
Subject:   Re: Should I merge KAME's NATPT?

Nick,

> I asked a couple days ago on -net and heard nothing back, but I really
> don't want to step on anyone's toes.
>
> I have successfully merged NATPT from KAME's latest snapshot. It was so
> easy I am a bit surprised no one has done it already. It just drops
> right in with a slight merge to ip_input.c, ip_proto.c and ip6_input.c,
> all of
> which is #ifdef NATPT protected. It works perfectly, so far as I can tell.
>
> I actually merged it into -stable, but I can't possibly imagine that it
> wouldn't be just as easy to drop into -current.

KAME NATPT is still under developing. It's unstable and cannot not
translate all type of packets yet, for example it cannot handle IPv4
fragmented packet with DF bit now.  Moreover there is possibility that
its API might changes.  We need to provide backward compatibility when
the API is changed.

I think -current merging need more couple of months.

---
Munechika SUMIKAWA @ KAME Project / FreeBSD.org