Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 08:26:54 +0100
From:      Nicolas Souchu <nsouch@free.fr>
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: latest ppbus changes

On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 01:38:47AM -0500, Kenneth Wayne Culver wrote:

>The latest ppbus changes seem to have made some things break. My dmesg no
>longer shows lpt0 or vpo0 as being detected ( even though they are defined
>in the kernel conf file, and are being compiled into the kernel) which
>means I can't print anything or use my parallel port zip drive. (yes I
>have scbus0 and da0 defined in the kernel also.) Just thought I'd let
>someone know.

Would you mind checking your ioconf.c file and send it to me eventually.
In principle, ppbus now relies on it to attach/probe devices.

Otherwise, the rest of ppbus (ppc/ppbus and maybe plip/ppi) are probed
and attached?

nsouch@free.fr / nsouch@freebsd.org
FreeBSD - Turning PCs into workstations - http://www.FreeBSD.org