Date:      Thu, 3 May 2001 16:15:06 -0600
From:      Kelly McNeill <webmaster@osopinion.com>
To:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   News Link Contribution - 5/4/01

--Apple-Mail-1226107427-5

News Link Contribution

Tell Me about OS X - *NIX, UNIX or Trademark Violation?

http://www.osopinion.com/perl/story/9451.html

Descriptive Quote from Editorial: "Ever since Apple introduced OS X,=20
there have been a handful of individuals who've debated whether Apple's=20=

latest operating system -- which incorporates technologies from both=20
Apple's Open Source Darwin Operating System, as well as those from=20
BSD -- is in fact a true UNIX operating system. In an effort to lay to=20=

rest this long-standing argument, I called the Open Group (Individuals=20=

holding the UNIX=AE Trademark) to get the company's official stance on =
the=20
issue. What I learned from that call is very interesting."

			--
			Mr Kelly McNeill
			Managing Editor for osOpinion.com

--Apple-Mail-1226107427-5

<bold>News Link Contribution

</bold>

about OS X - *NIX, UNIX or Trademark =

=
51.html</color>

<bold>Descriptive Quote from Editorial: </bold>"Ever since Apple
introduced OS X, there have been a handful of individuals who've
debated whether Apple's latest operating system -- which incorporates
technologies from both Apple's Open Source Darwin Operating System, as
well as those from BSD -- is in fact a true UNIX operating system. In
an effort to lay to rest this long-standing argument, I called the
Open Group (Individuals holding the UNIX=AE Trademark) to get the
company's official stance on the issue. What I learned from that call
is very interesting."

			--

			<bold>Mr Kelly McNeill

			Managing Editor for osOpinion.com</bold>

			Technology opinion commentary

			for the people by the people

			<bold>http://www.osopinion.com</bold>;

			--=